Since 1980, this team of experts has offered a variety of physical and athletic adaptive activity programs, as well as respite programs for people with functional limitations.
Adaptavie’s mission is to maintain, improve, promote, and prevent the erosion of the health and well-being of people with functional limitations.
Adaptavie in Numbers
- More than 1000 people take advantage of adapted physical activities offered by Adaptavie;
- The organism serves people with limitations of all the boroughs of Quebec City and even from the greater region of Quebec;
- Service users are betwen 5 and 89 years old;
- Adaptavie Inc. manages nearly 6 500 registrations per year through its various activities;
- A hundred of employees work there annually;
- Over 250 volunteers also support the participants;
Our Objectives (values)
- To offer adaptation and rehabilitation services;
- To offer integration support services;
- To offer prevention / promotion services
- More than 30 adapted physical activities per week (in fitness room, gymnasium and pool)
- 3 summer camps (1 physical disability camp, 1 intellectual disability camp, 1 camp for autistic children between 5 and 12 years old);
- 72 days of respite (sports days for disabled children and teenagers);
- 6 sports teams (basketball in a wheelchair, rugby in a wheelchair, sledge hockey, tennis in a wheelchair, para cycling)
Use of the funds
The use of the funds raised by La Randonnée Jimmy Pelletier will allow us to purchase adapted sports equipment and to have these equipment being tested by people with disabilities in the region and East of Quebec.